Here’s how you apply for passport using DigiLocker to upload your documents
what is DigiLocker?
DigiLocker is a platform for the issuance and verification of documents & certificates in a digital way.
If you don’t want to carry your original documents when you apply for a passport, you can simply use DigiLocker to upload them online.
Made in India’ app Digilocker has been recognized as a paperless alternative for citizens to carry their Aadhaar card, Driving License, PAN card, and other documents.
the app will let users save the hassle of carrying the original documents to apply for a passport as users will be able to share the digital copy of it. This has been made possible via integration between the Digilocker app and the ‘Passport Seva Programme’. Here’s how you apply for a passport using DigiLocker to upload your documents.
Steps to create a Digilocker account and Uploading Documents:
If you have signed up for a DigiLocker account and are familiar with how to upload documents on the app, just open Passport Seva to share your documents when prompted. If not, here’s how you can create a DigiLocker account and upload your documents.
1. Signing up is easy. You will need to enter your full name as per your Aadhaar Card, birth date, gender, mobile number, email id and Aadhaar number.
2. You will be One Time Password (OTP) on your registered mobile number. Enter it and you will be able to log in to your DigiLocker account.
3. Now user can see the homepage of the account.
4. users can see all options from Driving License to your PAN card to your Class XII mark sheet, you will have the option to upload anything. When you tap on a particular document, you will be asked to enter information that will help the app to fetch it from the records. For example, in order to upload your Driving License, you need to enter your DL number.
Uploading documents on Passport Seva:
First, you need to ensure all the necessary documents are uploaded to your DigiLocker account. Now, log in to Passport Seva, fill in your details and get to the part where you need to upload documents.
1. When you get to the self-declaration screen, you will see a ”Grant DigiLocker Access” in front of the ”Proof of Birth” that you need to provide. After clicking on that option, you will need to login to your DigiLocker account using your mobile number, username or Aadhaar card.
2. Enter the OTP and give consent to Passport Seva to access your DigiLocker account.
3. Now, you will simply see the “Fetch from DigiLocker: option instead of the “Grant DigiLocker Access” option. By clicking on the option, you will see this text — ”The document from DigiLocker has been upload successfully”. If the document is not available in your DigiLocker account, it will show “Selected document is not present in your DigiLocker Account. Document could not be Uploaded!”
4. You can upload supporting documents using DigiLocker as well. For a particular proof, you will get the option of the document which you can provide. If available in your account, you can click on the “Fetch from DigiLocker” to submit.
check our latest articles: Netflix drops trailer for new Notorious B.I.G. documentary ‘Biggie: I Got A Story To Tell’